Kobe Bryant: Don’t Blame Kardashians for Lamar Odom Trade
11:34 am, December 12th, 2011VIDEO
Kobe Bryant is defending Lamar Odom in the wake of his trade from the L.A. Lakers to the Dallas Mavericks, blasting speculation his teammate was traded due to his involvement in the Kardashians’ reality TV empire.
The NBA star told reporters, ”I don’t understand the criticism of [the] reality shows… He had his best season last year. It clearly wasn’t a distraction.”
Bryant added, “He played his a** off. I don’t get where that [criticism] comes from.”
“You’re talking about Sixth Man of the Year last year,” he stressed.
Bryant, who was open about his displeasure with the trade, said, “I don’t like it… I’ve known Lamar for a long time, and for the team itself, he’s meant a lot in terms of his versatility, his personality. He’s a big presence for us in the locker room, just from a team chemistry standpoint.”
Odom is already off to Dallas for training, and his wife Khloe Kardashian will join him there after she finishes packing up their home in L.A.
Check out video of Bryant talking about the trade below.
Like us on Facebook!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Is Robyn Ready For Her Comeback?
- The Truth Behind Lana Del Rey's New Music
- Celebs De-Stress in Distressed Jeans
- Actors Who Refuse To Work Together
- Celebs Who Are Famous Because of Their Parents