Kirstie Alley: I Did NOT Attack Leah Remini for Leaving Church of Scientology
9:47 am, July 16th, 2013
The story began last Wednesday, when Alley cryptically tweeted, “When faced w malicious gossip I take a moment to experience the loss of the person I thought was my friend… Then I say f*ck em..:) #RISE” and then wrote “the sweetest poison is often served with a smile… beware syrup.”
When Remini’s departure from Scientology became news the following day, many outlets believed that Alley’s tweets had been directed at her.
After blogger Tony Ortega wrote that Alley was “livid at Remini,” the report began circulating widely on sites including Huffington Post, Us Weekly, and the New York Post.
Late on Monday, Alley responded to the story on Twitter.
“Lying news outlets. I do NOT care what religion ANYONE is or isn’t. I respect religions & would fight for your freedom as well as mine,” wrote the actress. “Thank U lying ‘news’ outlets for thinking I have ESP & write tweets ‘BEFORE’ events OCCUR.I accept that compliment. Ur ‘sources’ don’t exist.”
She then sniped, “I’ll just be here learning my lines 4 the movie I haven’t been offered yet. And buying lottery tickets for The Cal lottery I won in Jan 2014.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Super Cute: Jordin Sparks Wows in a Bikini
- Vivica Fox Comes After Brandi: Inside The Fight
- Khloe Kardashian and French Montana: Did They Confirm Their Love?
- Major Legal Drama: Why is Drake Being Sued?
- Karrueche Tran Supports Her Man Chris Brown in Court