Kings of Leon Cancel Entire U.S. Tour
3:38 pm, August 1st, 2011
Kings of Leon have canceled the rest of their U.S. tour.
“We are so sorry to say Kings of Leon are canceling their entire U.S. tour due to [lead singer] Caleb Followill suffering from vocal issues and exhaustion,” reads a statement from their camp.
“The band is devastated, but in order to give their fans the shows they deserve, they need to take this break,” continues the statement.
It adds, “Unfortunately, the U.S. dates cannot be rescheduled due to the band’s international tour schedule.”
Tickets will be refunded.
The move comes after the group cut their Friday concert in Dallas short when Followill left the stage after 11 songs and didn’t return.
In the wake of the disastrous show, Jared Followill alluded to there being bigger issues troubling the band, tweeting, ”I love our fans so much. I know you guys aren’t stupid. I can’t lie. There are problems in our band bigger than not drinking enough Gatorade.”
Regarding the canceled tour, Followill wrote today, “Utterly depressed. It’s completely out of my hands. Family has to come 1st.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Selena Gomez's Hairstyle Evolution
- Top 10 Picks to Play Christian Grey
- A$AP Rocky Drop "Fashion Killa" Video Starring Rihanna
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- Tia Mowry Makes Time For Son & Nephew
- Owen Wilson Gets His Personal Trainer Pregnant
- Who Said Cameron Diaz Sounded "Too Rihanna?"
- Is Adam Levine The Sexiest Man Alive?
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- Sandra Bullock Already Has Son Potty Trained