‘Twilight’ Cover Hand Model is ‘Breaking’ Her Silence
1:23 pm, October 3rd, 2010
Well, at least parts of Kimbra Hickey.
Her hands are the ones holding a red apple on the mega-bestseller’s famous cover.
“It was major exposure for my hands. But nobody knew who I was,” she tells the New York Post.
“I see people reading it on the subway, and I say, ‘Those are my hands! I’m a hand model!’”
“I’m sure they think I’m crazy — a crazy lady on the subway.”
Now the New Yorker occasionally offers autographs near her local bookstore’s cash register when someone picks up a copy of the book. She also attends fan conventions, where she markets hand lotion — apple-scented, of course.
She’s expressed interest in being cast in the Breaking Dawn movie, “even if they only wanted my hands in it.”
Hickey got $300 for the 2004 photo shoot that became Twilight‘s cover and says she’s aware of at least four fans who have tattoos of her famous mitts.
As it happens, Hickey’s hands aren’t just for “looking.”
She’s also a massage therapist.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Check us out on Facebook!
Visit GossipCop.com for the latest!
You might like:
- Beyonce Accidentally Posts Pic Of Her Old Nose
- Celebrities Side Business Revealed
- Kim Kardashian Addresses eBay Auction Donation Controversy
- Is Blake Lively Trying To Revive Her Career?
- Kelly Rowland Addresses Engagement Rumors
- Gisele Bundchen's Glam Breastfeeding Photo
- Bethenny Frankel On Getting Talk Show Guests to Open Up
- Kourtney Kardashian & Scott Disick's Crazy College Party
- Where Did Jim Carrey Get His Comedic Roots?
- Kris Jenner Gushes About Kanye West