‘Twilight’ Cover Hand Model is ‘Breaking’ Her Silence
1:23 pm, October 3rd, 2010
Well, at least parts of Kimbra Hickey.
Her hands are the ones holding a red apple on the mega-bestseller’s famous cover.
“It was major exposure for my hands. But nobody knew who I was,” she tells the New York Post.
“I see people reading it on the subway, and I say, ‘Those are my hands! I’m a hand model!’”
“I’m sure they think I’m crazy — a crazy lady on the subway.”
Now the New Yorker occasionally offers autographs near her local bookstore’s cash register when someone picks up a copy of the book. She also attends fan conventions, where she markets hand lotion — apple-scented, of course.
She’s expressed interest in being cast in the Breaking Dawn movie, “even if they only wanted my hands in it.”
Hickey got $300 for the 2004 photo shoot that became Twilight‘s cover and says she’s aware of at least four fans who have tattoos of her famous mitts.
As it happens, Hickey’s hands aren’t just for “looking.”
She’s also a massage therapist.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Check us out on Facebook!
Visit GossipCop.com for the latest!
You might like:
- NBA Star Ray Allen Is One Lucky Man
- Renee Zellweger Looks Hardly Recognizable
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- Courtney Stodden's Risque Cleavage-Bearing Mini-Dress
- Michael Phelps' New Girlfriend Spills Juicy Details About Their Relationship
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game