Kim Kardashian: Kris Humphries Holding Up Divorce Over “Personal Feelings”
9:14 pm, May 4th, 2012
The former couple’s attorneys went head-to-head over Kardashian’s contention that Humphries is dragging out the divorce proceedings with less-than-genuine intentions.
“I feel that (Humphries’) personal feelings and maybe some media drive is keeping this case alive,” Kardashian’s lawyer Laura Wasser reportedly told the judge.
Wasser also pointed out that the duo have now “been separated longer than they’ve been married.”
As she urged the judge to force the case to move forward, Humphries attorney Marshall Waller insisted his team needed more time to investigate and decide whether they will claim the 72-day union was a fraud.
Key witnesses will likely be deposed in the coming weeks, he told the judge.
If the case proceeds to trial and Kardashian wins, Wasser requested that the New Jersey Nets player pay her attorney fees.
Neither star appeared in court, and the next hearing was set for August 15, according to the Associated Press.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Demi Lovato, Selena Gomez, Katy Perry Read Mean Tweets: Watch!
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- Was Brittany Murphy Poisoned?
- Silicone Sorrows & Botox Blues: Regrettable Celeb Surgeries
- 10 Artists Who Stole Ideas & Never Gave Credit
- 15 Sexy Celebrity Hairstyles To Try
- Snag Julianne Hough's Totally Dreamy French Braided Halo
- A$AP Rocky Drop "Fashion Killa" Video Starring Rihanna
- 30 Child Actors Who Died Young
- Lady Gaga Debuts Flying Dress