Kim Kardashian Slammed for Israel & Palestine Tweets, Posts Apology
6:25 pm, November 16th, 2012
Kim Kardashian is under fire for posting two Twitter messages about the escalating conflict between Israel and the Palestinians.
Early Friday, Kardashian tweeted, “Praying for everyone in Israel.”
After a wave of backlash, the reality star wrote, “And praying for everyone in Palestine and across the world!”
When the criticism continued, Kardashian deleted both messages.
A short time later, Kardashian took to her blog to offer an apology and explanation:
“I want to own up to and explain that earlier today I sent out two tweets about saying prayers for the people in Palestine and Israel and after hearing from my followers, I decided to take down the tweets because I realized that some people were offended and hurt by what I said, and for that I apologize.”
“I should have pointed out my intentions behind these tweets when I posted them. The fact is that regardless of religion and political beliefs, there are countless innocent people involved who didnt choose this, and I pray for all of them and also for a resolution.”
“I also pray for all the other people around the world who are caught in similar crossfires.”
What do you think about Kardashian’s original tweets, her decision to erase them, and her follow-up post?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Beyonce Accidentally Posts Pic Of Her Old Nose
- Macaulay Culkin's Band Is Kind Of Amazing
- '90s Hairstyles We Thought Were Absolutely Cool
- Kourtney Kardashian & Scott Disick's Crazy College Party
- 13 Most Surprising Celebrity Couples
- A$AP Rocky & His Supermodel Girlfriend Get Fancy
- Did Kendall Jenner Have Plastic Surgery?
- Is Eiza Gonzalez, Liam Hemsworth's Rebound Girlfriend?
- Kelly Rowland Addresses Engagement Rumors
- Kris Jenner Gushes About Kanye West