Kim Kardashian Slammed for Israel & Palestine Tweets, Posts Apology
6:25 pm, November 16th, 2012
Kim Kardashian is under fire for posting two Twitter messages about the escalating conflict between Israel and the Palestinians.
Early Friday, Kardashian tweeted, “Praying for everyone in Israel.”
After a wave of backlash, the reality star wrote, “And praying for everyone in Palestine and across the world!”
When the criticism continued, Kardashian deleted both messages.
A short time later, Kardashian took to her blog to offer an apology and explanation:
“I want to own up to and explain that earlier today I sent out two tweets about saying prayers for the people in Palestine and Israel and after hearing from my followers, I decided to take down the tweets because I realized that some people were offended and hurt by what I said, and for that I apologize.”
“I should have pointed out my intentions behind these tweets when I posted them. The fact is that regardless of religion and political beliefs, there are countless innocent people involved who didnt choose this, and I pray for all of them and also for a resolution.”
“I also pray for all the other people around the world who are caught in similar crossfires.”
What do you think about Kardashian’s original tweets, her decision to erase them, and her follow-up post?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- 10 Insanely Famous People Who are Secret Introverts
- 12 Shocking Celebrity Family Ties You Won't Believe
- 20 Hot Celebrities Who Look Busted Without Makeup
- Richard Gere Sets His Sights On A Much Younger Starlet