Kim Kardashian Donates Twice the Value of Wedding Gifts to Charity
12:58 pm, March 5th, 2012
Kardashian sent out a letter to her wedding guests that reads, “I would like to thank you for your generous and thoughtful wedding gift. It has taken me some time to pull everything together but I wanted to let you know that the money for every gift received by me at my wedding has been donated to the Dream Foundation.”
The reality star estimated that her wedding gifts amounted to approximately $100,000, but she sent a check to the charity for $200,000, says a source.
A spokesperson for the foundation tells Gossip Cop in a statement, ”As a longtime supporter of Dream Foundation, it was no surprise to us that Kim would find a way to take a difficult time in her life and use it to make a positive impact on others.”
“While the situation behind her generous donation (which represents the symbolic value of the gifts she received) is unfortunate, we’re grateful for the support this lends to our ongoing mission to care for families battling terminal illness.”
The Dream Foundation supports individuals suffering from life-threatening illnesses with a final wish, sort of like a Make-A-Wish Foundation for adults.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Mommy Makeover: Teen Mom Catelynn's Slim Down
- Which Celebs Are Barely Recognizable Without Makeup?
- Human Barbie Discusses Her Unique Look
- Celebrities With Super Attractive Siblings
- Black Celebrities Who Have Turned White
- Amanda Bynes' Scary and Strange Twitter Photos
- 24 Celebrities You Didn't Know Were Related
- Top Celebrity Hair Secret: Clip On Bangs
- Prince William And Kate Middleton Celebrate Anniversary
- Model's Too-Tiny Bikini Causes Wardrobe Malfunction