Khloe Kardashian “Desperately” Pleads for Bone Marrow Donor for Her Cousin
4:21 pm, February 6th, 2013
Khloe Kardashian’s “family desperately needs your help” to find a bone marrow donor for a relative, the reality star announced on her blog Wednesday night.
“My cousin, Cici, has been battling cancer for 17 years and she is no longer responding to the chemotherapy drugs,” Kardashian wrote. “Her best option now is a bone marrow stem cell transplant, which would hopefully give her many more years to live.”
Unfortunately, Cici has been unable to find a donor thus far, with Kardashian’s relatives tested but none turning out to be a match.
Now they’re turning to the public for help.
“Because Cici is Armenian, the donor must be of Armenian descent,” explained Kardashian, “so we are asking every Armenian to reach out to the bone marrow registry and sign up with hopes of finding a match for Cici.”
She added, “Please help us find a donor for Cici and keep her in your thoughts and prayers.”
Kardashian’s sister Kim made a similar plea on her own blog on Wednesday.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- 10 Insanely Famous People Who are Secret Introverts
- 12 Shocking Celebrity Family Ties You Won't Believe
- 20 Hot Celebrities Who Look Busted Without Makeup
- Richard Gere Sets His Sights On A Much Younger Starlet