Keyshia Cole Slams Beyonce & ‘Bow Down’
4:39 pm, March 18th, 2013
The Twitter drama began when Cole appeared to call out Beyonce over the track’s confrontational lyrics, implying that the singer (whom she doesn’t name) is a hypocrite for following up previous messages promoting unity with a song that includes the line, “I know when you were little girls you dreamt of being in my world/Don’t forget it, don’t forget it/Respect that, bow down, b*tches.”
“Can’t stand when people all self righteous when it’s convenient it makes them look good. Lmao! But can still talk sh*t when convenient 2 FOH,” tweeted Cole.
She added, “I done kept it real from the start! #RespectTHAT.”
Cole continued, “First ‘Women need to Stick together’ now b*tches better Bow. Smh. But it’s all G! Chicks stay shooting the sh*t. But when I speak my mind its a prob. #Well #StayMad.”
Fans were indeed mad.
When one Beyonce supporter tweeted at Cole, “f*ck yo unity,” Cole replied, “Never said there was any. IM not in denial… God Bless.”
After another Twitter user accused Cole of “hating on everybody,” the performer protested, “How am I hating? no Mamm or sir. whatever u may be. No H8.”
Then Cole plugged her appearance on Monday’s “Jimmy Kimmel Live.”
This is not the first time there’s been a beef between Cole and Beyonce’s fan base.
Last month, she dissed Beyonce’s Destiny’s Child mate Michelle Williams after the group performed at the Super Bowl.
What do you think about what Cole had to say about Beyonce’s new song?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- 10 Insanely Famous People Who are Secret Introverts
- 12 Shocking Celebrity Family Ties You Won't Believe
- 20 Hot Celebrities Who Look Busted Without Makeup
- Richard Gere Sets His Sights On A Much Younger Starlet