Ke$ha Apologizes for “Inappropriate” ‘Die Young’ Lyrics: I Was “Forced” to Sing It
7:35 pm, December 18th, 2012
Reports surfaced early Tuesday that the song had suffered a significant drop-off in radio plays since Friday’s tragic events due to its subject matter, which includes lines like “We’re gonna die young.”
On Twitter, Ke$ha said she understands “why my song is now inappropriate,” and revealed she was against recording the track in the first place.
“I had my very own issue with ‘die young’” for this reason,” she wrote. ”I did NOT want to sing those lyrics and I was FORCED TO.”
Ke$ha added in her Twitter missive, ”I’m so so so sorry for anyone who has been effected [sic] by this tragedy.”
Interestingly, the pop star is among the track’s credited songwriters, in addition to Dr. Luke, Lukasz Gottwald, Henry Walter, Benjamin Levin, and fun. singer Nate Ruess.
In late October, the song was promoted on Twitter using the phrase “RIP Kesha,” leading to false speculation that the singer had died.
What do you think of Ke$ha’s comments?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- Memory Lane: Kim Kardashian Through The Years
- Top 10 Picks to Play Christian Grey
- 6 Magazine Cover Hairstyles You Can Easily Recreate
- Scarlett Johansson's 10 Sexiest Looks
- The Drama Continues With Pauly D's Baby Mama!
- A Cute Daddy Daughter Moment Courtesy Of Jay Z
- Selena Gomez's Hairstyle Evolution
- Miley Cyrus Is Apparently Barack Obama's Fault Now
- Best Black Celebrity Hairstyles