Ke$ha Apologizes for “Inappropriate” ‘Die Young’ Lyrics: I Was “Forced” to Sing It
7:35 pm, December 18th, 2012
Reports surfaced early Tuesday that the song had suffered a significant drop-off in radio plays since Friday’s tragic events due to its subject matter, which includes lines like “We’re gonna die young.”
On Twitter, Ke$ha said she understands “why my song is now inappropriate,” and revealed she was against recording the track in the first place.
“I had my very own issue with ‘die young’” for this reason,” she wrote. ”I did NOT want to sing those lyrics and I was FORCED TO.”
Ke$ha added in her Twitter missive, ”I’m so so so sorry for anyone who has been effected [sic] by this tragedy.”
Interestingly, the pop star is among the track’s credited songwriters, in addition to Dr. Luke, Lukasz Gottwald, Henry Walter, Benjamin Levin, and fun. singer Nate Ruess.
In late October, the song was promoted on Twitter using the phrase “RIP Kesha,” leading to false speculation that the singer had died.
What do you think of Ke$ha’s comments?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- 15 Celebrities You Didn't Were Realted
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- The Most Amusing Athlete Mug Shots
- Juan Pablo Catches Major Heat
- Shakira Opens Up About Her Possessive Man
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Jackie Cruz Defends Latinas Everywhere
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- 8 Celebrities Found Dead In A Bathroom