Ke$ha Apologizes for “Inappropriate” ‘Die Young’ Lyrics: I Was “Forced” to Sing It
7:35 pm, December 18th, 2012
Reports surfaced early Tuesday that the song had suffered a significant drop-off in radio plays since Friday’s tragic events due to its subject matter, which includes lines like “We’re gonna die young.”
On Twitter, Ke$ha said she understands “why my song is now inappropriate,” and revealed she was against recording the track in the first place.
“I had my very own issue with ‘die young’” for this reason,” she wrote. ”I did NOT want to sing those lyrics and I was FORCED TO.”
Ke$ha added in her Twitter missive, ”I’m so so so sorry for anyone who has been effected [sic] by this tragedy.”
Interestingly, the pop star is among the track’s credited songwriters, in addition to Dr. Luke, Lukasz Gottwald, Henry Walter, Benjamin Levin, and fun. singer Nate Ruess.
In late October, the song was promoted on Twitter using the phrase “RIP Kesha,” leading to false speculation that the singer had died.
What do you think of Ke$ha’s comments?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank