Kendall Jenner 18th Birthday Countdown Kind of Creepy
1:31 pm, September 12th, 2013COMMENTARY
Kendall Jenner turns 18 on November 3.
A number of outlets are getting a little… creepy about the milestone.
TMZ posted one of the teenager’s recent, skin-baring modeling photos on Wednesday, noting, “Kendall Jenner – 53 Days until she turns 18. Not that we’re counting.”
On Thursday, HollywoodLife tweeted the same shot with the phrase, “To all those wondering, Kendall Jenner turns 18 in 52 days.”
It looks like the countdown will only intensify as Jenner’s birthday gets closer.
The question: Is it pervy and wrong for these news sites to be salivating over a 17-year-old turning “legal” soon?
Back in 2004, the Internet got all hot and bothered over the 18th birthdays of Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, who had grown up in the public eye as child actors.
Now the Internet seems to be hyperventilating over the date when Jenner, who grew up in the public eye as a reality TV star, is finally a legal adult.
And we’re guessing it has nothing to do with her rights to vote or buy cigarettes.
Obviously, Jenner is not camera- or publicity-shy, and there’s nothing wrong with posting pictures that she herself has shared.
Even more obviously, sex sells, and Gossip Cop — and every other outlet — benefits from racy content involving celebrities.
Miley Cyrus, another recent child star, has been the biggest story in entertainment for three weeks — and it wasn’t for her vocals during the VMAs.
But the “53 Days!… 52 Days!…” countdown to Jenner being “legal” just seems… icky.
What do you think?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Set a Wedding Date!
- What Colleges Did These Celeb Smarty Pants Go To?
- Are Justin Bieber's Tattoos Fake?
- The 10 Biggest Celebrity Foreclosures
- Emilia Clarke Reveals One Thing More Terrifying Than Nudity
- Michelle Rodriguez Shows Support for Her Girlfriend Cara Delevingne
- The Dirty Details Ludacris Thinks Will Damage His Reputation
- Bow Wow Gets Caught Fronting About Owning a Drop Top Ferrari
- Katie Holmes' First TV Gig Since Dawson's Creek