Kelsey Grammer Disputes Claim Father’s Day Led to Divorce
8:09 pm, July 5th, 2010
Specifically, Grammer is addressing a widely circulating story that the split came after he didn’t call his children on Father’s Day.
“I don’t know who is generating [the rumors] but the truth is that I did call my kids that evening,” the “Frasier” star writes on his blog.
“Frankly, I was surprised that they did not call me in the morning but I was thousands of miles away and working that day so I didn’t give it a second thought.”
Grammer is performing in “La Cage Aux Folles” on Broadway in New York. His family lives in Los Angeles.
“I called them to see how they were doing as I do almost every night around the same time, 11 p.m. my time, 8 p.m. their time, just before they go to bed.”
The actor also commented on a story that had him “smooching” at Five Napkin Burger in New York with a dirty blond woman.
“The dirty blond was my daughter Spencer, who was visiting that entire month,” writes Grammer, adding, “I do take issue with the characterization that we were smooching but surely if that were the case then even I admit it might be newsworthy in some fashion.”
Grammer asks for press discretion for his children’s sake and ends by stating, “Gossip and the rumor mill always thrive during times like these, as in the Father’s Day story. Whatever might be said, I ask that you take the ‘high road.’ I intend to do the same.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Check us out on Facebook!
Visit GossipCop.com for the latest!
You might like:
- You Won't Believe What Topanga Looks Like Now
- Model's Too-Tiny Bikini Causes Wardrobe Malfunction
- 5 Celebrity Hairstyles Real Men Dig
- You Won't Believe Nicky Minaj's Natural Hair
- The Real Reason For Denise Richards' Scary Skinny Frame
- Black Celebrities Who Have Turned White
- Is Justin Bieber Dating Kylie Jenner?
- Demi Lovato's Funky And Fun Floral Bodysuit
- Kendall Jenner Admits Being A Kardashian Ruined Her Childhood
- Mommy Makeover: Teen Mom Catelynn's Slim Down