Kelsey Grammer Disputes Claim Father’s Day Led to Divorce
8:09 pm, July 5th, 2010
Specifically, Grammer is addressing a widely circulating story that the split came after he didn’t call his children on Father’s Day.
“I don’t know who is generating [the rumors] but the truth is that I did call my kids that evening,” the “Frasier” star writes on his blog.
“Frankly, I was surprised that they did not call me in the morning but I was thousands of miles away and working that day so I didn’t give it a second thought.”
Grammer is performing in “La Cage Aux Folles” on Broadway in New York. His family lives in Los Angeles.
“I called them to see how they were doing as I do almost every night around the same time, 11 p.m. my time, 8 p.m. their time, just before they go to bed.”
The actor also commented on a story that had him “smooching” at Five Napkin Burger in New York with a dirty blond woman.
“The dirty blond was my daughter Spencer, who was visiting that entire month,” writes Grammer, adding, “I do take issue with the characterization that we were smooching but surely if that were the case then even I admit it might be newsworthy in some fashion.”
Grammer asks for press discretion for his children’s sake and ends by stating, “Gossip and the rumor mill always thrive during times like these, as in the Father’s Day story. Whatever might be said, I ask that you take the ‘high road.’ I intend to do the same.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Check us out on Facebook!
Visit GossipCop.com for the latest!
You might like:
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- The Drama Continues With Pauly D's Baby Mama!
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- Brody Jenner Probably Not Invited To Kim's Wedding?
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- Miranda Kerr's Sexy Souvenirs
- Gwyneth Paltrow Wants Kids To Have Perfect Accents
- Who Said Cameron Diaz Sounded "Too Rihanna?"
- Kanye Won't Be Happy About Drake's New Endorsement
- Snag Julianne Hough's Totally Dreamy French Braided Halo