Kelly Rutherford Files For Bankruptcy After Costly Child Custody Battle: Report
1:42 pm, June 23rd, 2013
The actress reportedly claimed last month to have only $23,937 in assets with debts of $2,021,832.
As Gossip Cop previously reported, Rutherford has been fighting ex Daniel Giersch over care of their two children, with her former husband refusing to let them live with her in the United States — despite this being their country of birth.
In September, a judge ruled that the “Gossip Girl” star’s three-year-old daughter and five-year-old son would live in France with their father, who cannot enter the U.S. due to a revoked visa.
Rutherford has repeatedly vowed to fight the ruling, but the legal expenses have reportedly exceeded $1.5 million.
Despite formally asking Giersch to pay her legal fees through family court, other debts have also forced her to seek Chapter 7 bankruptcy.
Rutherford lists her monthly income as $1,279.33, down from a reported $486,000 during “Gossip Girl,” which ended last year.
The former “Melrose Place” actress also says she owes $350,000 in taxes, and $25,251 in American Express charges.
The petition also notes Rutherford has borrowed tens of thousands of dollars from relatives to try to keep her afloat, says TMZ.
Gossip Cop has reached out for confirmation.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Jackie Cruz Defends Latinas Everywhere
- Shakira Opens Up About Her Possessive Man
- Juan Pablo Catches Major Heat
- Ricky Martin Fights Back Against Violence
- 15 Celebrities You Didn't Were Realted