Kelly Clarkson’s “Stronger” Album Up 192% Since Endorsing Ron Paul
12:33 pm, December 30th, 2011
Sales of Clarkson’s album “Stronger” have soared on Amazon ever since the singer tweeted, “I love Ron Paul,” and “He’s got my vote.”
In the past 24 hours, Clarkson’s record was up 192% on the online retail site.
A day before the former “American Idol” winner explained why she’s a Paul supporter, “Stronger” was ranked #41 on Amazon’s “Movers & Shakers in Music” list.
Today, the album is up to #13.
On Thursday, right after Clarkson wrote, “Ron Paul is about letting people decide, not the government. I am for this,” many of her Twitter followers were angered, leading her to insist she didn’t believe in some controversial opinions attributed to Paul.
“I have never heard that he’s a racist? I definitely don’t agree with racism, that’s ignorant,” Clarkson wrote to one fan.
She also clarified that she supports gay rights.
“I love all people and could care less if you like men or women,” tweeted Clarkson, adding, “I have never seen or heard Ron Paul say anything against gay people?”
In a longer message, Clarkson set the record straight about her politics.
“I am really sorry if I have offended anyone,” she wrote. “Obviously that was not my intent. I do not support racism. I support gay rights, straight rights, women’s rights, men’s rights, white/black/purple/orange rights. I like Ron Paul because he believes in less government and letting the people (all of us) make the decisions and mold our country. That is all. Out of all the Republican nominees, he’s my favorite.”
Tell us — Does a pop star’s political views have any affect on whether you buy his or her products?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like Gossip Cop on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank