Kelly Clarkson: “I Love Ron Paul”
9:48 am, December 29th, 2011
The “American Idol” winner expressed her support for the Republican presidential candidate on Twitter.
“I love Ron Paul,” Clarkson wrote on Thursday. “I liked him a lot during the last republican nomination and no one gave him a chance. If he wins the nomination for the Republican party in 2012 he’s got my vote. Too bad he probably won’t.”
She explained, “Ron Paul is about letting people decide, not the government. I am for this.”
The “Miss Independent” singer’s support for Paul immediately angered many of her Twitter followers, however, leading her to insist that she did not believe in some controversial opinions attributed to Paul.
Like Gossip Cop on Facebook!
“I have never heard that he’s a racist? I definitely don’t agree with racism, that’s ignorant,” Clarkson wrote to one fan.
She also clarified that she supports gay rights.
“I love all people and could care less if you like men or women,” tweeted Clarkson, adding, “I have never seen or heard Ron Paul say anything against gay people?”
In a longer message, Clarkson set the record straight about her politics.
“I am really sorry if I have offended anyone,” she wrote. “Obviously that was not my intent. I do not support racism. I support gay rights, straight rights, women’s rights, men’s rights, white/black/purple/orange rights. I like Ron Paul because he believes in less government and letting the people (all of us) make the decisions and mold our country. That is all. Out of all the Republican nominees, he’s my favorite.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
You might like:
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Troublemaking Brandi Glanville Complains About Housewife Fans Hating Her
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- Which Celebrity Gives Back The Most?
- Cameron Diaz Gets Honest About Her Bad Skin