Kelly Clarkson on Lesbian Rumors: “I Get Hit On By The Hottest Girls”
11:42 am, January 4th, 2013
The first-ever “American Idol” winner tells the magazine that speculation about her sexuality likely stems from her low-key love life.
“People think, ‘Oh, she’s been single for too long.’ That’s kind of an insult to the gay community. Being single doesn’t mean you’re gay,” she tells Cosmo.
Clarkson continues, “But I’m never insulted by it. I mean, I get hit on by the hottest girls ever. Oh my god, if I was a lesbian, I would be so in luck. But it’s just not my thing. I’ve always batted for the boys’ team.”
“We’ve known each other for years, but we didn’t start talking until the Super Bowl last February,” says Clarkson, going on to reveal that she was single for six years prior to their relationship.
“I’ve never been truly loved like I am right now,” she admits.
“And this is the funniest/worst thing ever: One of my superhero idols is Whitney Houston, and the day she died was our first date,” says Clarkson. “I was like ‘This is a bad omen.’”
Fortunately, it didn’t turn out to be bad at all.
“Brandon’s totally the one,” she tells the magazine. ”I’ve never been so happy.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 14 Broken Hollywood Engagements
- Paris Hilton Tweets Nasty Article Bashing Kim Kardashian
- Porsha Williams Hits The Club After Posting Bail
- Cold Feet? Brandy Ditches Her Fiance
- Kelly Rowland's Intimate Wedding Details: Beyonce's Not Invited!
- Celebrities You Never Knew Were Cheerleaders
- Beyonce Turns a Blind Eye: Is Her Little Brother Homeless?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014