Kelly Clarkson: I Canceled My Wedding, Will Elope With Brandon Blackstock
7:59 pm, August 21st, 2013
The inaugural “American Idol” winner says she and her fiancé have canceled their plans and decided to elope.
“We are so busy that we finally just came to terms the other night and were like, ‘So, we change our minds and we want to elope.’ We just got so overwhelmed by it – all the decisions,” she tells People.
Clarkson continues, “We sent out a save-the-date to everyone and then it got crazy and all the details were leaking.”
The singer — who is working on a Christmas album, starting a new partnership with State Farm, and helping care for Blackstock’s two children — said they broke the news to their friends and family when they recently sent out their engagement photos (see above).
“[We] said, ‘Thank you so much for understanding, but it’s just going to be me and Brandon and his two kids and the minister,’” reveals Clarkson.
She goes on to explain, “Our whole life is a celebration. That’s what we kept laughing about. We don’t need another day where we throw a big party. Our lives are so in the spotlight all the time. Everything is such a spectacle, we were like, ‘We would rather have an intimate moment that’s special.’”
As Gossip Cop previously reported, Clarkson and Blackstock became engaged last December.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank