Kelly Clarkson: I Canceled My Wedding, Will Elope With Brandon Blackstock
7:59 pm, August 21st, 2013
The inaugural “American Idol” winner says she and her fiancé have canceled their plans and decided to elope.
“We are so busy that we finally just came to terms the other night and were like, ‘So, we change our minds and we want to elope.’ We just got so overwhelmed by it – all the decisions,” she tells People.
Clarkson continues, “We sent out a save-the-date to everyone and then it got crazy and all the details were leaking.”
The singer — who is working on a Christmas album, starting a new partnership with State Farm, and helping care for Blackstock’s two children — said they broke the news to their friends and family when they recently sent out their engagement photos (see above).
“[We] said, ‘Thank you so much for understanding, but it’s just going to be me and Brandon and his two kids and the minister,’” reveals Clarkson.
She goes on to explain, “Our whole life is a celebration. That’s what we kept laughing about. We don’t need another day where we throw a big party. Our lives are so in the spotlight all the time. Everything is such a spectacle, we were like, ‘We would rather have an intimate moment that’s special.’”
As Gossip Cop previously reported, Clarkson and Blackstock became engaged last December.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Silicone Sorrows & Botox Blues: Regrettable Celeb Surgeries
- 30 Child Actors Who Died Young
- You Don't Like Gwyneth Paltrow? She Doesn't Care!
- 32 Celeb Moms We Have Serious Crushes On
- 24 Celebrities You Didn't Know Were Related
- Celebrity Tattoos: What Were They Thinking?
- Owen Wilson Gets His Personal Trainer Pregnant
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- What Happened to Miley Cyrus' Eyebrows?
- Reese Witherspoon's Flirty Red Carpet Waves