Kelly Clarkson: I Canceled My Wedding, Will Elope With Brandon Blackstock
7:59 pm, August 21st, 2013
The inaugural “American Idol” winner says she and her fiancé have canceled their plans and decided to elope.
“We are so busy that we finally just came to terms the other night and were like, ‘So, we change our minds and we want to elope.’ We just got so overwhelmed by it – all the decisions,” she tells People.
Clarkson continues, “We sent out a save-the-date to everyone and then it got crazy and all the details were leaking.”
The singer — who is working on a Christmas album, starting a new partnership with State Farm, and helping care for Blackstock’s two children — said they broke the news to their friends and family when they recently sent out their engagement photos (see above).
“[We] said, ‘Thank you so much for understanding, but it’s just going to be me and Brandon and his two kids and the minister,’” reveals Clarkson.
She goes on to explain, “Our whole life is a celebration. That’s what we kept laughing about. We don’t need another day where we throw a big party. Our lives are so in the spotlight all the time. Everything is such a spectacle, we were like, ‘We would rather have an intimate moment that’s special.’”
As Gossip Cop previously reported, Clarkson and Blackstock became engaged last December.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- Did Beyonce & Jay-Z Chemically Process Blue Ivy's Hair?
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- Renee Zellweger Looks Hardly Recognizable
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- Is Kim Kardashian Bald Underneath Her Weave?!