Kellie Pickler Shaves Head to Support Friend Battling Breast Cancer
12:10 pm, September 5th, 2012
Kellie Pickler is showing what real friendship means.
In a demonstration of solidarity with a pal battling breast cancer, the former “American Idol” contestant shaved her head on Tuesday, calling it “a great life-changing” experience.
Pickler’s transformation, which was showcased on Wednesday’s “Good Morning America,” came after her 36-year-old best friend, Summer Holt Miller, was diagnosed with the disease in June.
Miller, who will start chemotherapy on Thursday, also shed her locks in anticipation of the follicle-killing treatment.
“If this compels even one person to change their mentality toward waiting until the age of 40 for their mammogram, then it will be worth it,” says Miller.
Pickler adds, “Cancer does not discriminate.”
Check out behind-the-scenes video of Pickler’s momentous haircut here.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 6 Magazine Cover Hairstyles You Can Easily Recreate
- DMX Has Baby Number 12 On The Way!
- Leighton Meester Is Engaged To Adam Brody
- Kristen Stewart & Rob Pattinson: 100% Together, Possibly Eloping?!
- Beyonce And Jay Z's Cutest Family Pics!
- Melissa Joan Hart Disses and Dishes on Famous Dudes She's Kissed
- 15 Sexy Celebrity Hairstyles To Try
- Khloe Kardashian Gives Selfie Advice
- Sandra Bullock Already Has Son Potty Trained
- Miley Cyrus Is Apparently Barack Obama's Fault Now