Kellie Pickler Shaves Head to Support Friend Battling Breast Cancer
12:10 pm, September 5th, 2012
Kellie Pickler is showing what real friendship means.
In a demonstration of solidarity with a pal battling breast cancer, the former “American Idol” contestant shaved her head on Tuesday, calling it “a great life-changing” experience.
Pickler’s transformation, which was showcased on Wednesday’s “Good Morning America,” came after her 36-year-old best friend, Summer Holt Miller, was diagnosed with the disease in June.
Miller, who will start chemotherapy on Thursday, also shed her locks in anticipation of the follicle-killing treatment.
“If this compels even one person to change their mentality toward waiting until the age of 40 for their mammogram, then it will be worth it,” says Miller.
Pickler adds, “Cancer does not discriminate.”
Check out behind-the-scenes video of Pickler’s momentous haircut here.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- 10 Insanely Famous People Who are Secret Introverts
- 12 Shocking Celebrity Family Ties You Won't Believe
- 20 Hot Celebrities Who Look Busted Without Makeup
- Richard Gere Sets His Sights On A Much Younger Starlet