Kayden Stephenson Inspires “Idol” Judges With Cystic Fibrosis Battle, Stellar Voice
9:14 pm, January 31st, 2013VIDEO
Kayden Stephenson wouldn’t let a terminal illness stop him from auditioning on Thursday’s “American Idol.”
The contestant — who, because of his cystic fibrosis, looks much younger than his 16 years — revealed he’s only expected to live until age 35, and said he wanted to fulfill his singing dreams while he still could.
And after his adorable performance of Stevie Wonder’s “I Wish,” Stephenson is definitely on his way.
“Loved your voice. Reminds me of a baby Michael [Jackson],” said Nicki Minaj, adding, ”You are so unique. I think so many children would be inspired by you. I’m really inspired by you myself.”
Mariah Carey said she was ”beyond inspired,” and was ready to “go make the record now” with Johnson.
And once he got his flirt on, Carey predicted, “I think girls will fall on the floor when you walk in the room.”
Check out the amazing video below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank