Kayden Stephenson Inspires “Idol” Judges With Cystic Fibrosis Battle, Stellar Voice
9:14 pm, January 31st, 2013VIDEO
Kayden Stephenson wouldn’t let a terminal illness stop him from auditioning on Thursday’s “American Idol.”
The contestant — who, because of his cystic fibrosis, looks much younger than his 16 years — revealed he’s only expected to live until age 35, and said he wanted to fulfill his singing dreams while he still could.
And after his adorable performance of Stevie Wonder’s “I Wish,” Stephenson is definitely on his way.
“Loved your voice. Reminds me of a baby Michael [Jackson],” said Nicki Minaj, adding, ”You are so unique. I think so many children would be inspired by you. I’m really inspired by you myself.”
Mariah Carey said she was ”beyond inspired,” and was ready to “go make the record now” with Johnson.
And once he got his flirt on, Carey predicted, “I think girls will fall on the floor when you walk in the room.”
Check out the amazing video below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Is Honey Boo Boo's Mom June Shannon Pregnant?
- Ellen DeGeneres Gives Oscars Pizza Delivery Man Enormous Tip
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's Wedding REVEALED
- Woman Found Asleep in Bieber's Bed After Break-In
- Kate Upton Dissed by Fellow Sports Illustrated Cover Girl
- Lupita Nyong'o Heritage Secret Revealed
- 8 Celebrities Who Make Us Want to Get a Bob
- The Hottest Celebrity Nursery Trends
- Kate Bosworth Pairs a Leather Jacket with Stylish Skinny Jeans
- 'Teen Mom 2': Leah Messer Isn't Giving Up on Her Daughter