Katy Perry Visits Children in Madagascar on UNICEF Trip (PHOTOS)
2:10 pm, April 8th, 2013PHOTOS
Katy Perry visited Madagascar last week on a UNICEF mission to raise awareness about the issues facing children in the impoverished country.
SEE PHOTOS BELOW
The pop star visited a wide range of programs associated with the organization, ranging from education to hygiene.
“In less than one week here in Madagascar, I went from crowded city slums to the most remote villages and my eyes were widely opened by the incredible need for a healthy life — nutrition, sanitation, and protection against rape and abuse — which UNICEF are stepping in to help provide,” said Perry in a statement.
She continued, “I am grateful to UNICEF for giving me the opportunity to see first-hand how their programs make a real difference in children’s lives. Support for UNICEF is saving children, I am a witness to it.”
Check out pictures from Perry’s visit below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Most Mysterious Celebrity Deaths
- 30 Child Actors Who Died Young
- Memory Lane: Kim Kardashian Through The Years
- Is Kanye West Finally Embarrassed After Irrational Outburst?
- You Don't Like Gwyneth Paltrow? She Doesn't Care!
- Kim Kardashian's Mommy Time With North West
- DMX Has Baby Number 12 On The Way!
- Usher's Girlfriend Is An Alicia Keys Lookalike!
- 9 Reasons Solange's Son Is Hollywood's Coolest Kid
- Child Stars Turned Child Brides