Katy Perry Visits Children in Madagascar on UNICEF Trip (PHOTOS)
2:10 pm, April 8th, 2013PHOTOS
Katy Perry visited Madagascar last week on a UNICEF mission to raise awareness about the issues facing children in the impoverished country.
SEE PHOTOS BELOW
The pop star visited a wide range of programs associated with the organization, ranging from education to hygiene.
“In less than one week here in Madagascar, I went from crowded city slums to the most remote villages and my eyes were widely opened by the incredible need for a healthy life — nutrition, sanitation, and protection against rape and abuse — which UNICEF are stepping in to help provide,” said Perry in a statement.
She continued, “I am grateful to UNICEF for giving me the opportunity to see first-hand how their programs make a real difference in children’s lives. Support for UNICEF is saving children, I am a witness to it.”
Check out pictures from Perry’s visit below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 10 Best Celebrity Quotes About Being Pregnant
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Super Geeky Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hotties
- Does Ian Somerhalder Have a New Girlfriend?
- A-List Stars Who Failed at Marriage