Katy Perry on Russell Brand Marriage: “I Did Everything I Could But It Still Failed”
1:26 pm, June 22nd, 2012VIDEO
The pop star, whose movie Katy Perry: Part Of Me chronicles both her career and her personal life, explains she wanted to show “what was underneath the hood.”
“Just because you’re in the spotlight,” she tells host Jay Leno, “doesn’t mean you get to dodge the curve balls. They’re actually bigger.”
She continues, “I think that if you were to see the movie [and the relationship wasn't featured], you would come out of the theater going, ‘Hmm, that’s strange. I know something else happened in her life at that time last year.’”
Perry says she’s now getting to show her fans that she has some of same issues they do — like failed romances.
In the film, the singer is seen struggling to fit time to see Brand into her busy schedule, at one point even declaring to the camera while on a plane, “I’m trying to keep my marriage alive.”
Ultimately, Perry admits, “I did everything I could but it still failed.”
Check out video below of Perry on “The Tonight Show.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Jessica Alba Long Wavy Bob Tutorial
- Sandra Bullock Already Has Son Potty Trained
- Snag Julianne Hough's Totally Dreamy French Braided Halo
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- John Mayer & Katy Perry's Romantic Photoshoot
- 35 Of Hollywood's Hottest Moms
- Sasha Obama's Sweater Starts Fashion Frenzy
- Kim Kardashian Shares New Photo of North West
- Lorde's Royally Cute Music Video Look
- 9 Reasons Solange's Son Is Hollywood's Coolest Kid