Russell Brand Files for Divorce from Katy Perry [UPDATE]
2:35 pm, December 30th, 2011
Brand filed the documents in Los Angeles on Friday, citing “irreconcilable differences.”
He has released a brief comment: “Sadly, Katy and I are ending our marriage. I’ll always adore her and I know we’ll remain friends.”
No official date of separation is given in the filing.
Perry and Brand spent Christmas apart, and were both recently spotted without their wedding rings.
They have been dogged by rumors of an imminent split ever since they married in October 2010.
The court documents also reveal that the couple has “community property assets” to divide – meaning there is money at stake in the divorce regardless of whether or not Brand and Perry had a prenuptial agreement.
Gossip Cop will have more details.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top 10 Picks to Play Christian Grey
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- Is Kanye West Finally Embarrassed After Irrational Outburst?
- Celebrity Tattoos: What Were They Thinking?
- Miley Cyrus Is Apparently Barack Obama's Fault Now
- Who Said Cameron Diaz Sounded "Too Rihanna?"
- Wayne Marshall Enjoys Daddy Duty
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- Perrie Edwards' Many Hair Colors
- The Biggest Celebrity Hypocrites