Katy Perry on Rumored Russell Brand Revenge Song: “I’m Not a Douchebag”
4:07 pm, March 2nd, 2012VIDEO
“Some people that I work with were like ‘You should just say you wrote it a couple of weeks ago,’” Perry says, adding, “‘I’m like ‘I’m not a douchebag. I’m going to tell the truth.’”
The singer goes on to explain that the song was initially intended to be on her Teenage Dream album, but “it didn’t feel right” for that record.
Instead, it appears on Teenage Dream: The Complete Confection, an extended re-release that will hit stores March 26.
As for the timing of the track’s eventual release, Perry says it’s nothing more than an odd coincidence.
“I always planned to put it out in the spring of this year, to possibly perform it at a big [awards show], but sometimes I’m like, ‘Am I living in The Truman Show? … what’s going on?’ ” she tells MTV News.
She continues, “Because I sit down and I write all these songs at once, all these emotions and feelings and thoughts, and then, like, it just feels like sometimes I’m caught in this movie where my life is paralleling my music!”
“It seems very serendipitous, but, as un-fun as it sounds, I prepare everything,” Perry adds. “I’m overly prepared and kind of a control freak in the best of ways.”
Check out the video below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 15 Sexy Celebrity Hairstyles To Try
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- The Jessica Alba Long Wavy Bob Tutorial
- Top 10 Picks to Play Christian Grey
- How You Can Keep One Direction Together
- Tyrese's Heartbreaking Tribute To Paul Walker
- John Mayer & Katy Perry's Romantic Photoshoot
- Silicone Sorrows & Botox Blues: Regrettable Celeb Surgeries
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- Kris Humphries Auctions Off Kim Kardashian's Ring