Katy Perry Admits Banning Her Republican Parents From Obama Inauguration
1:53 pm, December 10th, 2013
Katy Perry and her parents are on good terms — but they’re at odds politically.
“People don’t understand that I have a great relationship with my parents — like, how that can exist,” she says, explaining, “There isn’t any judgment. They don’t necessarily agree with everything I do, but I don’t necessarily agree with everything they do.”
She adds, “They’re at peace with — they pray for me is what they do. They’re fascinated with the idea that they created someone who has this much attention on her.”
“My parents are Republicans, and I’m not,” says Perry. “They didn’t vote for Obama, but when I was asked to sing at the Inauguration, they were like, ‘We can come.’ And I was like, ‘No, you can’t. I love you so much, but that — on principle.’ They understood, but I was like, ‘How dare you?’ in a way.”
What do you think about Perry’s decision?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- 15 Celebrities You Didn't Were Realted
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- The Most Amusing Athlete Mug Shots
- Juan Pablo Catches Major Heat
- Shakira Opens Up About Her Possessive Man
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Jackie Cruz Defends Latinas Everywhere
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- 8 Celebrities Found Dead In A Bathroom