Katy Perry Launching Own Record Label
9:43 am, June 21st, 2012
Katy Perry plans to launch her own record label.
The record-setting pop star, who records with EMI’s Capitol Records, says she’s in the process of starting an imprint.
“I’m preparing for it now. And when this record label does come to fruition, I’m going to try and avoid the things that take away any fighting chance for an artist to have financial success,” she tells The Hollywood Reporter.
Perry explains, “As people are coming to me with opportunities, I’m thinking, ‘How would I want to be treated?’”
No other details or timetable have been revealed.
Other superstars who have started their own labels include Madonna, who launched Maverick Records in the 1990s, and Prince, who created the Paisley Park label in the 1980s.
Perry has churned out 11 Top 10 singles on the Billboard Hot 100.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- 10 Insanely Famous People Who are Secret Introverts
- 12 Shocking Celebrity Family Ties You Won't Believe
- 20 Hot Celebrities Who Look Busted Without Makeup
- Richard Gere Sets His Sights On A Much Younger Starlet