Katy Perry: John Mayer is “Fantastic Partner,” I Don’t Care About Russell Brand
10:12 am, December 9th, 2013PHOTO
The “Roar” singer says of Mayer, “He’s just a fantastic partner… He’s got a brilliant, brilliant mind. It’s a rad, mature relationship.”
As for why the pair split last March, Perry explains, “I took a break from my boyfriend, not one that I wanted. It was like a splash of cold water to search inward on what was going on with me.”
Perry shares, “That is what led me to this new awakening, this realizing, ‘If I don’t do some self-love, I’m not going to be able to keep the love that I want.’”
The performer goes on to add, “I still needed to deal with all of my ex-husband stuff. I hadn’t. It’s almost like if I kept talking about it, it would seem like I actually cared about it. I don’t.”
Perry further reveals that during their marriage, Brand “really wanted me to have children, and I knew I wasn’t ready.”
“I think it was a way of control. I think it was part of, ‘If I have a kid, then I would have to sacrifice – I’d have to be home more,’” she offers.
The pop star says she’s still “definitely” not ready for kids, but when she does decide to have children, she’ll take a break for work and just “be Mom for a little bit.”
The mag hits newsstands on December 16.
What do you think of Perry’s interview?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank