Katy Perry Settles Hair Care Fight: Report
4:38 pm, July 6th, 2013
Katy Perry and a British hair care company have reportedly settled a lawsuit in which the pop star claimed the firm had reneged on a $2 million oral agreement.
As Gossip Cop reported, the singer had sued Jemella, the firm behind the “ghd” (“good hair day”) brand that Perry endorsed in a series of sexy ads (see pics here).
Perry said that the company had verbally agreed to extend a two-year contract from 2011 and then broke the contract; Jemella insisted there was no such agreement, and that it opted not to renew Perry’s deal because market research had shown that her popularity was waning in Europe.
The company pre-empted Perry’s suit with its own court filing to block her from pursuing litigation.
Now, according to TMZ, the two sides have reportedly agreed to drop the case — although terms of any settlement have not been disclosed.
Gossip Cop will have updates.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- 10 Insanely Famous People Who are Secret Introverts
- 12 Shocking Celebrity Family Ties You Won't Believe
- 20 Hot Celebrities Who Look Busted Without Makeup
- Richard Gere Sets His Sights On A Much Younger Starlet