Katy Perry Lawsuit Claims Europeans Don’t Like Her Anymore
2:05 pm, April 15th, 2013
Katy Perry’s deal with a British hair care company is ending with a lawsuit.
The pop star claims Jemella, the firm behind the “ghd” brand for which she appeared in a series of sexy ads (see pics here), owes her $2 million based on an oral agreement meant to extend a two-year $4.5 million contract that began in 2011.
But the company claims there was no oral agreement, and says it opted not to renew Perry’s endorsement deal because market research had shown that her popularity had waned in Europe.
Jemella filed suit against Perry to block her camp from making good on its threats to sue for the $2 million, according to TMZ.
A rep for Perry says, “Jemella’s attempt to embarrass Ms. Perry by including defamatory statements about her in a public filing is shameful.”
Gossip Cop will have updates.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- Courtney Stodden's Risque Cleavage-Bearing Mini-Dress
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- Renee Zellweger Looks Hardly Recognizable
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids