Katy Perry Lawsuit Claims Europeans Don’t Like Her Anymore
2:05 pm, April 15th, 2013
Katy Perry’s deal with a British hair care company is ending with a lawsuit.
The pop star claims Jemella, the firm behind the “ghd” brand for which she appeared in a series of sexy ads (see pics here), owes her $2 million based on an oral agreement meant to extend a two-year $4.5 million contract that began in 2011.
But the company claims there was no oral agreement, and says it opted not to renew Perry’s endorsement deal because market research had shown that her popularity had waned in Europe.
Jemella filed suit against Perry to block her camp from making good on its threats to sue for the $2 million, according to TMZ.
A rep for Perry says, “Jemella’s attempt to embarrass Ms. Perry by including defamatory statements about her in a public filing is shameful.”
Gossip Cop will have updates.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 10 Best Celebrity Quotes About Being Pregnant
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Super Geeky Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hotties
- Does Ian Somerhalder Have a New Girlfriend?
- Kaley Cuoco Shows Off Her Tennis Skills