Katy Perry Lawsuit Claims Europeans Don’t Like Her Anymore
2:05 pm, April 15th, 2013
Katy Perry’s deal with a British hair care company is ending with a lawsuit.
The pop star claims Jemella, the firm behind the “ghd” brand for which she appeared in a series of sexy ads (see pics here), owes her $2 million based on an oral agreement meant to extend a two-year $4.5 million contract that began in 2011.
But the company claims there was no oral agreement, and says it opted not to renew Perry’s endorsement deal because market research had shown that her popularity had waned in Europe.
Jemella filed suit against Perry to block her camp from making good on its threats to sue for the $2 million, according to TMZ.
A rep for Perry says, “Jemella’s attempt to embarrass Ms. Perry by including defamatory statements about her in a public filing is shameful.”
Gossip Cop will have updates.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Kelly Rowland Addresses Engagement Rumors
- Beyonce Accidentally Posts Pic Of Her Old Nose
- A$AP Rocky & His Supermodel Girlfriend Get Fancy
- Is Blake Lively Trying To Revive Her Career?
- Celebrities Side Business Revealed
- What Are Celebs Saying About The Grammy Nominations?
- Kardashian Family Xmas Kards Through the Years
- Famous Left Handers
- '90s Hairstyles We Thought Were Absolutely Cool
- Did Kendall Jenner Have Plastic Surgery?