MAG: Katy Perry Drunk Dials Russell Brand Because of John Mayer “Distress”
4:08 pm, September 8th, 2012
The tabloid quotes a “close friend” as saying, “Katy has been hitting the booze and then calling Russell in a state of distress.”
“Russell still cares deeply for her, and he’s furious that she was treated so badly, so he’s trying to comfort her,” explains the Enquirer source.
The mag’s source insists Mayer’s “mind games” led Perry to “dump” him, but she “still feels utterly used.”
That’s why, according to the Enquirer, Perry has been reaching out not just to Brand for support, but also Rihanna and even Robert Pattinson, with whom she met up on August 22 for “a shoulder to cry on.”
All of this is fascinating… except for the part where Perry is “heartbroken” and desperately drunk dialing her ex-husband.
As Gossip Cop reported, Perry and Mayer are not on the outs — on the contrary, they were spotted looking quite happy together at a music festival last weekend.
We understand the tabloid appeal in bringing Brand into this non-story to ramp up the drama, but it doesn’t make the purported Mayer-Perry nasty breakup any more true.
A source close to Perry tells Gossip Cop the Enquirer report is “inaccurate.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Human Barbie Discusses Her Unique Look
- 9 Biggest Stunts Kim and Kanye Have Pulled
- Celebrities With Super Attractive Siblings
- Rare Beastie Boys Interview Reveals Surprising Maturity
- Which Celebs Are Barely Recognizable Without Makeup?
- Amanda Bynes' Scary and Strange Twitter Photos
- Tyra Banks Without Make-up: Still Think She's Hot?
- The Real Reason For Denise Richards' Scary Skinny Frame
- Mommy Makeover: Teen Mom Catelynn's Slim Down
- 15 Of The Longest Lasting Hollywood Marriages