New York Post: Kato Kaelin Says O.J. Simpson Killed Nicole [UPDATED]
12:08 pm, September 20th, 2012
UPDATE: Kaelin now tells TMZ that over the years he’s expressed his belief that O.J. Simpson killed Nicole, but says he did not tell the New York Post, “Yes, he did it.”
Gossip Cop reached out to Cindy Adams, who wrote the piece in question, and she acknowledged that while she did not speak directly to Kaelin, she maintains, “He said it.”
The shocking declaration comes nearly two decades after Kaelin, O.J.’s house guest when the murders were committed in June 1994, served as a star witness for the football legend’s defense team in the subsequent trial.
“The statute of limitations has now passed… so I can now say… yes, he did it,” Kaelin tells the New York Post.
Simpson, of course, was acquitted of the two murders, although he was later found to be responsible for the deaths in a civil trial and is currently incarcerated on separate charges.
Asked why he didn’t reveal what he believes to be the truth during the 1995 murder trial, Kaelin explains, “I was too scared. I was terrified.”
He adds, “People hated me. I’ve been spat upon. They threw gum in my coffee.”
What do you think about Kaelin’s new comments?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Drew Carey Show: What Ever Happened to Mimi?
- The Worst Celebrity Tattoos Ever
- Which Celebs Are Barely Recognizable Without Makeup?
- Is Kris Jenner Finally Ready to Leave Bruce?
- Could This Be Kim K.'s Biggest Fashion Fail Yet?
- Is Justin Bieber Dating Kylie Jenner?
- Amanda Bynes' Scary and Strange Twitter Photos
- The Real Reason Kim Won't Marry Kanye
- 24 Celebrities You Didn't Know Were Related
- Are These Love Birds Back Together?