New York Post: Kato Kaelin Says O.J. Simpson Killed Nicole [UPDATED]
12:08 pm, September 20th, 2012
UPDATE: Kaelin now tells TMZ that over the years he’s expressed his belief that O.J. Simpson killed Nicole, but says he did not tell the New York Post, “Yes, he did it.”
Gossip Cop reached out to Cindy Adams, who wrote the piece in question, and she acknowledged that while she did not speak directly to Kaelin, she maintains, “He said it.”
The shocking declaration comes nearly two decades after Kaelin, O.J.’s house guest when the murders were committed in June 1994, served as a star witness for the football legend’s defense team in the subsequent trial.
“The statute of limitations has now passed… so I can now say… yes, he did it,” Kaelin tells the New York Post.
Simpson, of course, was acquitted of the two murders, although he was later found to be responsible for the deaths in a civil trial and is currently incarcerated on separate charges.
Asked why he didn’t reveal what he believes to be the truth during the 1995 murder trial, Kaelin explains, “I was too scared. I was terrified.”
He adds, “People hated me. I’ve been spat upon. They threw gum in my coffee.”
What do you think about Kaelin’s new comments?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 15 Sexy Celebrity Hairstyles To Try
- Can Shaq Fix the Sacramento Kings?
- Lorde's Royally Cute Music Video Look
- Kim Kardashian's Mommy Time With North West
- Jada Pinkett's M.O.: Rescue Willow From Hollywood!
- Which Celebrity Likes To Eat Crickets?
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- Owen Wilson Gets His Personal Trainer Pregnant
- Who Said Cameron Diaz Sounded "Too Rihanna?"
- Snag Julianne Hough's Totally Dreamy French Braided Halo