Star Magazine Apologizes to Katie Holmes for ‘Drug Shocker’ Story
1:07 pm, April 27th, 2011
Star magazine has been forced to issue an apology to Katie Holmes on the cover of this week’s issue, after the actress filed a $50 million suit against the magazine for running a previous cover that claimed she was addicted to drugs.
The tabloid falsely reported that the star of “The Kennedys” was hooked on a Scientology treatment that has “an effect similar to heroin” in its January 20 issue.
Gossip Cop was the first outlet to debunk the horribly fabricated story.
Holmes has since reached a settlement with the publication, which is now being forced to issue her a formal apology.
The statement reads: “In a recent issue of Star, we published headlines about Katie Holmes that could be read to suggest that she was addicted to drugs. Star did not intend to suggest that Ms. Holmes was a drug addict or was undergoing treatment for a drug addiction. Star apologizes to Ms. Holmes for any misperception and will be making a substantial donation to charity on Ms. Holmes’ behalf for any harm that we may have caused.”
What do you think of Star‘s apology?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 14 Broken Hollywood Engagements
- Paris Hilton Tweets Nasty Article Bashing Kim Kardashian
- Porsha Williams Hits The Club After Posting Bail
- Cold Feet? Brandy Ditches Her Fiance
- Kelly Rowland's Intimate Wedding Details: Beyonce's Not Invited!
- Celebrities You Never Knew Were Cheerleaders
- Beyonce Turns a Blind Eye: Is Her Little Brother Homeless?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014