CLAIM: Katie Holmes Filed for “Emergency Hearing” on Child Support and Custody
7:35 pm, July 4th, 2012
According to the webloid, “Katie filed an ‘emergent application,’” which the blog explains is “a motion seeking temporary emergency relief, which can include child support and custody.”
HollywoodLife goes on to further bury itself by reporting that Holmes’ “emergency hearing” also means, “Katie and Tom are now going to have an open court room, which means that anyone can walk in and see what’s happening… Most public figures don’t want that — it’s a last resort.”
Not one word of the HollywoodLife story is correct.
In fact, Holmes’ own attorney, Jonathan Wolfe, is squashing the notion that his client is seeking an “emergency hearing” for custody and child support.
“Other than her action for divorce, the only pending application filed by Ms. Holmes remains her request for an anonymous caption,” meaning that papers filed in connection with the divorce remain private.
That’s quite different from HollywoodLife’s contention that Holmes was seeking “an open court room.”
In more accurate news, since filing for divorce from Cruise last week and asking for sole legal custody, Holmes and daughter Suri have been spotted in New York shopping for groceries and laughing and smiling over ice cream.
Meanwhile, Cruise spent his 50th birthday on Tuesday surrounded by his older kids Connor and Isabella and a few other family members.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Is Robyn Ready For Her Comeback?
- The Truth Behind Lana Del Rey's New Music
- Celebs De-Stress in Distressed Jeans
- Actors Who Refuse To Work Together
- Celebs Who Are Famous Because of Their Parents