Katie Holmes Hinted About “New Phase” Weeks Before Tom Cruise Divorce
9:29 am, July 5th, 2012
In the cover profile, Holmes appears to indicate a desire to escape the long shadow cast by her husband’s fame.
“He has been Tom Cruise for 30 years,” the actress tells the magazine. “I know who I am and where I am and where I want to go, so I want to focus on that.”
Holmes goes on to say, “Things are not handed to anyone. If anything, you work a little bit harder when you’re in such visible circumstances.”
As for how she’s matured since her 20s, when “it’s like you’re trying too hard to figure everything out,” the 33-year-old actress tells Elle, “I definitely feel much more comfortable in my own skin. I feel sexier.”
She adds, “I’m starting to come into my own. It’s like a new phase.”
Those words certainly strike a chord given the past week’s developments.
The issue hits newsstands on July 17.
What do you think of Holmes’ comments?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Silicone Sorrows & Botox Blues: Regrettable Celeb Surgeries
- Paul Walker Jokes Around In Paparazzi's Last Footage
- Celebrity Tattoos: What Were They Thinking?
- Sandra Bullock Already Has Son Potty Trained
- Proof That Rihanna & Drake Are Officially Together
- Is Kanye West Finally Embarrassed After Irrational Outburst?
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Bring Her Ex To Premiere?
- Sasha Obama's Sweater Starts Fashion Frenzy
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- Who Said Cameron Diaz Sounded "Too Rihanna?"