Katie Holmes in “Drug Shocker”?
7:38 am, January 20th, 2011
“Katie Drug Shocker!” blares the cover of this week’s Star magazine about Katie Holmes.
That’s one explosive claim.
According to the weekly, Holmes is addicted to a Scientology treatment that has “an effect similar to heroin!”
The tabloid goes on to relate that Scientologists use a device called an “e-meter,” which “emits a low-level electric charge that goes to the brain.” And while Star acknowledges that the FDA says the device “serves no medical purpose,” the magazine still equates it with illegal drugs because the tab claims it “gives subjects a temporary feeling of euphoria, followed by a crash and a craving for more.”
Star then tenuously explains that the “e-meter” may “spark an endorphin release,” and when that occurs it’s the “same thing as taking morphine or other opiates, such as heroin or opium.”
So, is Holmes – who embraced Scientology after marrying Tom Cruise – really addicted to drugs?
She’s not involved in a “drug shocker,” and even if she does occasionally use the “e-meter,” which the FDA says “serves no medical purpose,” what Holmes could (at best) possibly experience is an endorphin release, which is NOT heroin or opium or anything else Star would like to mislead its readers into believing.
Frankly, anyone who knows anything about Holmes is aware that she enjoys running, and exercise stimulates endorphin production, so why not a cover that reads, “Katie Running Shocker”?
By Star‘s (twisted) logic, everyone who exercises (and stimulates endorphin activity) has a “drug” problem.
Only a real “drug” addict could believe this horribly made-up, manipulated, and misleading Star story.
The entire Star staff could benefit from intense reporting rehab.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Check us out on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Is Robyn Ready For Her Comeback?
- The Truth Behind Lana Del Rey's New Music
- Celebs De-Stress in Distressed Jeans
- Actors Who Refuse To Work Together
- Celebs Who Are Famous Because of Their Parents