Katie Couric Returns to “Today” to Talk New Book and Future Move [VIDEO]
8:44 am, April 13th, 2011VIDEO
Katie Couric returned to the “Today Show” this morning nearly five years after leaving the morning show.
Couric, who will probably leave her anchor chair at the “CBS Evening News,” was back at her old stomping grounds to promote her book, “The Best Advice I Ever Got.”
During the sitdown with her former co-anchor Matt Lauer, Couric admitted it was “weird” to be back, and was “older, none the wiser.”
Couric said one of the universal themes from the notables who contributed to the book was “embracing failure.”
Among the people who gave their advice were Sheryl Crow, Nia Vardalos, New York Mayor Mike Bloomberg, Lauer, Al Roker, and Matthew McConaughey, who said his dad taught him to never say the words, “I can’t.”
Lauer then noted Couric’s book has a whole chapter on “takings risks” and “seeking opportunities,” before pointedly asking her about her next move.
“I’m really excited about the future,” said Couric, adding she’s “in the middle of figuring it out.”
She told Lauer she’s assessing, “Where would be the best place for me. What would be the best job for me.”
Couric acknowledged she’s considering hosting a talk show that has a “smart conversation about a whole host of information.”
She said she’ll make a decision in the “next few weeks.”
Check out video of the segment below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- You Don't Like Gwyneth Paltrow? She Doesn't Care!
- The Jessica Alba Long Wavy Bob Tutorial
- John Mayer & Katy Perry's Romantic Photoshoot
- The Most Mysterious Celebrity Deaths
- Britney Spears' Weird Response To Questions About Boyfriend
- 10 Rapper's Crazy Cribs
- Owen Wilson Gets His Personal Trainer Pregnant
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- Is Adam Levine The Sexiest Man Alive?
- 6 Magazine Cover Hairstyles You Can Easily Recreate