Katie Couric “Replacing” Barbara Walters on The View?
1:56 pm, September 13th, 2013
According to the highly questionable webloid, “The word on the street, as Katie’s ratings decline and Barbara edges closer to her planned retirement,” is that Couric is “being considered for Barbara’s spot on The View.”
The site notes that after the exits of Elisabeth Hasselbeck and Joy Behar and the addition of Jenny McCarthy to “The View,” with Walters “planning to retire in 2014, another major shift is in order, and rumor has it Katie is in the running for Barbara’s empty chair.”
It’s a nice story, but it’s NOT true.
Regardless of the fate of Couric’s show, a source close to the veteran TV star tells Gossip Cop there’s “no truth” to her replacing Walters.
And a rep for “The View” adds, “There is absolutely no truth to this rumor whatsoever. It’s completely erroneous.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Super Cute: Jordin Sparks Wows in a Bikini
- Vivica Fox Comes After Brandi: Inside The Fight
- Khloe Kardashian and French Montana: Did They Confirm Their Love?
- Major Legal Drama: Why is Drake Being Sued?
- Karrueche Tran Supports Her Man Chris Brown in Court