Katie Couric Returning to Today Show?
5:06 pm, April 24th, 2013
Is Katie Couric returning to the “Today Show”?
The National Enquirer is trying to make it happen.
According to the tabloid, NBC executives “have decided the only way to save the war-torn show is to bring back” Couric, who co-anchored the program from 1991 to 2006.
“With viewers calling for [Matt Lauer]‘s ouster for turning on [ex-anchor Ann Curry], panicked producers are desperately wooing likable Katie to come back to the show that made her a star,” so-called “insiders” tell the Enquirer.
One source informs the tabloid, “They’re calling Katie and begging for her to return, saying the morning couch on NBC is where she belongs. They want her to save Matt and the show.”
Couric, of course, currently hosts a daytime syndicated talk show, but the Enquirer claims she “continues to get calls almost daily from Today staff, hoping to convince her to bolster Matt Lauer.”
“Matt is not happy he needs anyone to save the show because he has such a big ego,” says a tab insider. “But Matt said if he has to sit next to anyone, it would be Katie, because she’s always prepared and she ‘gets’ him.”
Of course, it all means absolutely nothing.
Couric and Lauer may have great chemistry after their years together, but it does not mean she’s actually returning to the “Today Show.”
While the “Today Show” has indeed had some recent turmoil, NBC is not attempting to “save” the morning institution with Couric.
A source close to the situation tells Gossip Cop it’s “simply not true.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 6 Magazine Cover Hairstyles You Can Easily Recreate
- DMX Has Baby Number 12 On The Way!
- Leighton Meester Is Engaged To Adam Brody
- Kristen Stewart & Rob Pattinson: 100% Together, Possibly Eloping?!
- Beyonce And Jay Z's Cutest Family Pics!
- Melissa Joan Hart Disses and Dishes on Famous Dudes She's Kissed
- 15 Sexy Celebrity Hairstyles To Try
- Khloe Kardashian Gives Selfie Advice
- Sandra Bullock Already Has Son Potty Trained
- Miley Cyrus Is Apparently Barack Obama's Fault Now