Kathie Lee Gifford Asks Martin Short About His Marriage — 2 Years After Wife’s Death
11:30 am, May 30th, 2012VIDEO
This is really, really painful to watch.
Martin Short appeared on the Kathie Lee Gifford and Hoda Kotb hour of the “Today Show” on Wednesday to promote Madagascar 3: Europe’s Most Wanted, and conversation turned to his children and their jobs.
At that point, Gifford said, “And you and Nancy have one of the greatest marriages of anybody in show business. How many years now for you guys?”
Unfortunately, Short’s beloved wife Nancy Dolman actually died of ovarian cancer back in August 2010.
The actor managed to answer gracefully and without embarrassing Gifford — even after she obliviously followed up with another comment about how “in love” Short and Dolman still are.
Following a commercial break, Gifford acknowledged her mistake and apologized.
See video of the uncomfortable exchange below.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Demi Lovato, Selena Gomez, Katy Perry Read Mean Tweets: Watch!
- 15 Sexy Celebrity Hairstyles To Try
- Memory Lane: Kim Kardashian Through The Years
- Did Eminem Watch Daughter Get Crowned Homecoming Queen?
- 10 Rapper's Crazy Cribs
- Leighton Meester Is Engaged To Adam Brody
- 6 Magazine Cover Hairstyles You Can Easily Recreate
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- All-Time Hottest Celebs with Facial Hair
- 10 Artists Who Stole Ideas & Never Gave Credit