Kathie Lee Gifford Asks Martin Short About His Marriage — 2 Years After Wife’s Death
11:30 am, May 30th, 2012VIDEO
This is really, really painful to watch.
Martin Short appeared on the Kathie Lee Gifford and Hoda Kotb hour of the “Today Show” on Wednesday to promote Madagascar 3: Europe’s Most Wanted, and conversation turned to his children and their jobs.
At that point, Gifford said, “And you and Nancy have one of the greatest marriages of anybody in show business. How many years now for you guys?”
Unfortunately, Short’s beloved wife Nancy Dolman actually died of ovarian cancer back in August 2010.
The actor managed to answer gracefully and without embarrassing Gifford — even after she obliviously followed up with another comment about how “in love” Short and Dolman still are.
Following a commercial break, Gifford acknowledged her mistake and apologized.
See video of the uncomfortable exchange below.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank