Kathie Lee Gifford Apologizes to Wrong Martin Short; Real Actor Forgives Her
3:53 pm, May 31st, 2012
On Wednesday’s ”Today Show,” Gifford asked Short about his marriage, oblivious to the fact that Short’s wife died of cancer in August 2010.
It was an excruciating moment that she acknowledged — and apologized for — following a commercial break.
But in extending an apology to Short on Twitter, Gifford gaffed again.
She wrote, “I send my sincerest apologies to @MartinShort and his family. He handled situation w/enormous grace and kindness and I’m so grateful.”
The sentiments are nice… except that’s not Martin Short’s Twitter.
Not a great day for Gifford’s fact-checkers.
It’s worth noting, however, that the real Martin Short has (graciously) responded to the whole situation and forgives Gifford.
“On live television, people make mistakes. There’s no ill will intended. It’s nice to aspire to be kind of delicate,” Short told E! News.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Could This Be Kim K.'s Biggest Fashion Fail Yet?
- Woah! Old Photos of Kim Kardashian
- Jesus vs. Yeezus: Comparing the Almighty Figures
- Austin Mahone Breaking More Hearts Than Bieber
- Celebrities With Super Attractive Siblings
- Can You Believe Kim Kardashian Was This Thin?
- Black Celebrities Who Have Turned White
- You Won't Believe Nicky Minaj's Natural Hair
- 11 Terms For Understanding Nicki Minaj's Tweets
- Mommy Makeover: Teen Mom Catelynn's Slim Down