Katherine Webb: People Say I’m The “Anti-Kim Kardashian” Due To ‘Morals’ & ‘Class’
5:00 pm, January 12th, 2013
The beauty queen, who dates University of Alabama quarterback AJ McCarron, became a media sensation this week after announcer Brent Musburger pointed her out in the stands during college football’s BCS National Championship Game.
Now it’s been revealed that Webb, 2012′s Miss Alabama, will appear in the upcoming Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue.
During an interview with the outlet, Webb expressed her gratitude for the exposure — and name-checked Kardashian in a not-so-flattering way.
Asked whether she immediately said yes to the magazine’s offer, Webb replied, “Oh, my gosh. Absolutely. I’ve been approached by different publications, but I think a lot of America appreciated how classy I was, and I got a lot of responses saying I was America’s sweetheart and all that kind of stuff.”
She continued, “I’m from Alabama and I have morals and I have class. That’s my personality. A lot of people have said I’m the anti-Kim Kardashian and I’m all right with that.”
When the interviewer pointed out that Kardashian has “done all right for herself,” Webb responded, “She made herself into who she is and that’s fine and all that. But I guess the way I want to go about all this is, I just want to have a positive image for myself.”
She added, “I want girls to be able to look up to me and to say, ‘I want to be just like her one day.’ That’s what I did as Miss Alabama and I loved that.”
What do you think about Webb’s comments?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Ricky Martin Fights Back Against Violence
- 15 Celebrities You Didn't Were Realted
- The Most Amusing Athlete Mug Shots
- Juan Pablo Catches Major Heat
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Jackie Cruz Defends Latinas Everywhere
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- Shakira Opens Up About Her Possessive Man