Katherine Jackson: “I Am Good and Fine,” Custody Change Is “Based on Lies”
8:04 pm, July 25th, 2012
Katherine Jackson has broken her silence on the escalating drama surrounding her family, and the reports that she was effectively “kidnapped” by several of her children.
“I am here today to let everybody know that I am good and fine,” the matriarch said during a “Nightline” appearance on Wednesday — hours after it was reported Jackson seemed “drugged.”
Adding that her “children would never do anything to me like that,” Jackson explained that her absence from the family compound in California was nothing more than a “short vacation.”
“One reason I didn’t call is I just gave up my phone and I didn’t want to have any phone calls while I was here,” she said.
As Gossip Cop reported earlier Wednesday, Jackson’s grandson T.J. Jackson (the 34-year-old son of Tito) was granted temporary custody of Michael‘s kids Paris, Prince and Blanket due to her mysterious absence.
Jackson said she is “devastated” by the change in custody, calling it “based on a bunch of lies,” and adding, “my grandchildren have been taken away from me, and I’m coming home.”
It remains unclear, however, why Jackson never told her grandchildren – who she takes care of – that she was going away or that she would be with family members in Arizona.
Gossip Cop will add video later.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Selena Gomez's Hairstyle Evolution
- Jada Pinkett's M.O.: Rescue Willow From Hollywood!
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Bring Her Ex To Premiere?
- Paul Walker Jokes Around In Paparazzi's Last Footage
- Snag Julianne Hough's Totally Dreamy French Braided Halo
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- Lindsay Lohan Soaks Up Some Florida Sun
- Who Said Cameron Diaz Sounded "Too Rihanna?"
- 30 Child Actors Who Died Young
- Rihanna's Instagram Leads To Arrests In Thailand