Kate Winslet, Kenneth Branagh Honored by Queen Elizabeth II
1:17 pm, June 16th, 2012
The Oscar-winning actress was named a Commander of the Order of the British Empire (CBE), while the actor-director received a knighthood.
Winslet said the Queen’s honor made her “very proud to be a Brit,” adding in a statement, “I am both surprised and honored to stand alongside so many men and women who have achieved great things for our country.”
The new “Sir” Kenneth Branagh described himself as “humble, elated, and incredibly lucky.”
“Cats” songwriter Richard Stilgoe, musician and Diamond Jubilee organizer Gary Barlow, and Kate Middleton wedding gown designer Sarah Burton were among the other honorees.
The honors are given twice annually — at New Year’s and on the Queen’s official June birthday.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Drama Continues With Pauly D's Baby Mama!
- Silicone Sorrows & Botox Blues: Regrettable Celeb Surgeries
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- 6 Magazine Cover Hairstyles You Can Easily Recreate
- Sandra Bullock Already Has Son Potty Trained
- Did Eminem Watch Daughter Get Crowned Homecoming Queen?
- Which Celebrity Likes To Eat Crickets?
- Are Eminem & His Ex-Wife Back Together?
- Is Adam Levine The Sexiest Man Alive?
- Can Shaq Fix the Sacramento Kings?