Kate Winslet, Kenneth Branagh Honored by Queen Elizabeth II
1:17 pm, June 16th, 2012
The Oscar-winning actress was named a Commander of the Order of the British Empire (CBE), while the actor-director received a knighthood.
Winslet said the Queen’s honor made her “very proud to be a Brit,” adding in a statement, “I am both surprised and honored to stand alongside so many men and women who have achieved great things for our country.”
The new “Sir” Kenneth Branagh described himself as “humble, elated, and incredibly lucky.”
“Cats” songwriter Richard Stilgoe, musician and Diamond Jubilee organizer Gary Barlow, and Kate Middleton wedding gown designer Sarah Burton were among the other honorees.
The honors are given twice annually — at New Year’s and on the Queen’s official June birthday.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 11 Celebrities That Have Signed Up To Go To Space
- 21 Celebrity Couples Who Met On Set
- Who Knew Kristen Stewart and Kim Kardashian Had Similar Tastes?
- Gigi Hadid Heats Up Boyfriend Cody Simpson's New Music Video
- The New Kesha: Happy Healthy and Crazy Haired