Kate Winslet Founded “Anti-Cosmetic Surgery League”?
5:14 pm, August 18th, 2011
“Kate Winslet, Emma Thompson and Rachel Weisz started the ‘British Anti-Cosmetic Surgery League,’ promising that they wouldn’t have cosmetic surgery to alter their appearances and encouraging others to do the same,” reports HollywoodLife, picking up on an interview Winslet supposedly gave the Daily Telegraph.
In a sit-down, Winslet allegedly told the British paper that plastic surgery was “against my morals,” and that she was founding a counter movement to the cosmetic procedure craze sweeping Hollywood.
Remarking on Winslet’s supposed comments, HollywoodLife editorializes, “What great role models!” adding, “It’s so refreshing to see wildly famous women standing up for natural beauty.”
The blog’s author continues, “The one thing that irks me a bit is that these women are so naturally beautiful to begin with! It may be a little easier for them to tell ladies not to lay on the operating table than a few other celebs that will remain nameless.”
Well, it irks Gossip Cop that HollywoodLife so often regurgitates false stories without ever bothering to fact check.
Winslet and her fellow actresses are NOT starting an “anti-cosmetic surgery league,” a source close to the Oscar-winner confirms to Gossip Cop, noting that sections of the Telegraph interview were quotations never uttered by Winslet.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Jessica Simpson's Lips are Bigger and Waist is Smaller
- Jada Pinkett's M.O.: Rescue Willow From Hollywood!
- John Mayer & Katy Perry's Romantic Photoshoot
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Bring Her Ex To Premiere?
- You Don't Like Gwyneth Paltrow? She Doesn't Care!
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- 10 Artists Who Stole Ideas & Never Gave Credit
- Selena Gomez's Hairstyle Evolution
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- Westboro Baptist Church's Sickening Paul Walker Funeral Plan