Prince William and Kate Visit Birmingham Families After Deadly Riots
12:37 pm, August 19th, 2011
The couple’s solemn visit was unannounced.
“Looking at all the young people out and about on the streets, we couldn’t believe it was happening in Britain,” said Kate, describing her horror at the scenes unfolding earlier this month on television.
She and William spoke for approximately 20 minutes with the parents of Haroon Jahan, Shazad Ali and Abdul Musavir, all of whom died while protecting local businesses on August 10.
According to a law enforcement official, “They were very concerned about what the families had gone through and how they were coping with such a tragedy.”
William and Kate also met with 70 to 80 residents and emergency responders at the Summerfield Community Centre, thanking the ambulance crew that arrived first on the scene of fatal looting.
A nurse manager says William told personnel, “We’re sure you have already heard how grateful we are, but we wanted to come here to say thank you in person.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Jessica Alba Long Wavy Bob Tutorial
- Can Shaq Fix the Sacramento Kings?
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- Is Miley's Outfit Too Much?
- All-Time Hottest Celebs with Facial Hair
- 30 Child Actors Who Died Young
- The Top 15 Messiest Celebrity Family Feuds
- Julianne Hough Is Looking Very Different These Days
- Kris Humphries Auctions Off Kim Kardashian's Ring
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting