Kate Middleton Hospital Prank Call: Listen to Radio Hosts Pretend To Be “Queen”
9:58 am, December 5th, 2012LISTEN
Kate Middleton was victimized by a radio hoax in which two Australian radio hosts prank called London’s King Edward VII hospital pretending to be Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Charles, and tricked a nurse into revealing information about Kate’s condition.
On Tuesday, Mel Grieg and Michael Christian of 2Day FM told listeners they’d obtained the hospital’s phone number, and then placed a call inquiring about the Duchess of Cambridge, who’s currently being treated for severe morning sickness called hyperemesis gravidarum.
Incredibly, a nurse took the ridiculous phone call as real, and happily provided “The Queen,” “Prince Charles” and their corgis with a detailed status update on Middleton.
The facility has apologized for the breach in confidentiality.
A spokesperson for the hospital said, ”This call was transferred through to a ward and a short conversation was held with one of the nursing staff. King Edward VII’s Hospital deeply regrets this incident.”
2Day FM says it “sincerely apologizes for any inconvenience caused by the inquiry.”
For their parts, Grieg and Christian said, ”We were very surprised that our call was put through. We thought we’d be hung up on as soon as they heard our terrible accents.”
They added, “We’re very sorry if we’ve caused any issues and we’re glad to hear that Kate is doing well.”
Listen to the prank call below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- Snag Julianne Hough's Totally Dreamy French Braided Halo
- The Drama Continues With Pauly D's Baby Mama!
- John Mayer & Katy Perry's Romantic Photoshoot
- Selena Gomez's Hairstyle Evolution
- Short Fashionistas Who Style Their Body Right
- DMX Has Baby Number 12 On The Way!
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- Leighton Meester Is Engaged To Adam Brody
- Celebrity Tattoos: What Were They Thinking?