Kate Middleton Hospital Pranksters Suspended After Nurse’s Suicide
4:41 pm, December 7th, 2012
The company that owns the station released a statement saying, “Southern Cross Austereo (SCA) and 2Day FM are deeply saddened by the tragic news of the death of nurse Jacintha Saldanha from King Edward VII’s Hospital and we extend our deepest sympathies to her family and all that have been affected by this situation around the world.”
SCA says hosts Mel Greig and Michael Christian, who pretended to be Queen Elizabeth and Prince Charles inquiring on Middleton’s condition, are “deeply shocked” by the situation.
The company adds, “SCA and the hosts have decided that they will not return to their radio show until further notice out of respect for what can only be described as a tragedy.”
Saldanha was found dead in London on Friday morning, just a few days after she mistakenly put another nurse on the phone with the radio hosts.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter.
Like us on Facebook.
You might like:
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Jackie Cruz Defends Latinas Everywhere
- Shakira Opens Up About Her Possessive Man
- Juan Pablo Catches Major Heat
- Ricky Martin Fights Back Against Violence
- 15 Celebrities You Didn't Were Realted