Kate Middleton Hospital Pranksters Suspended After Nurse’s Suicide
4:41 pm, December 7th, 2012
The company that owns the station released a statement saying, “Southern Cross Austereo (SCA) and 2Day FM are deeply saddened by the tragic news of the death of nurse Jacintha Saldanha from King Edward VII’s Hospital and we extend our deepest sympathies to her family and all that have been affected by this situation around the world.”
SCA says hosts Mel Greig and Michael Christian, who pretended to be Queen Elizabeth and Prince Charles inquiring on Middleton’s condition, are “deeply shocked” by the situation.
The company adds, “SCA and the hosts have decided that they will not return to their radio show until further notice out of respect for what can only be described as a tragedy.”
Saldanha was found dead in London on Friday morning, just a few days after she mistakenly put another nurse on the phone with the radio hosts.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter.
Like us on Facebook.
You might like:
- You Don't Like Gwyneth Paltrow? She Doesn't Care!
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Bring Her Ex To Premiere?
- The Drama Continues With Pauly D's Baby Mama!
- 10 Artists Who Stole Ideas & Never Gave Credit
- The Most Mysterious Celebrity Deaths
- Lil Wayne Throws Daughter An Extravagant Birthday Party
- Beyonce And Jay Z's Cutest Family Pics!
- Jay-Z Needs To Work On His Picture Face
- Diddy Throws A Star Studded Pool Party
- Scarlett Johansson's 10 Sexiest Looks