Kate Hudson Opens Up About Red Carpet Fashion: “I Can’t Afford To Buy That Stuff”
12:12 pm, November 12th, 2013
The actress says working out is “a vital part of my day in terms of energy. And I mean just by putting a sports bra on. Then maybe you’ll do something! Even if it’s a few squats in the backyard and back on the couch.”
Not that she has such a strict regimen.
“I wish I was more structured than I am. I could probably be better at that in life,” explains Hudson.
The fashionable star wants to clear up the public’s misconceptions about celebrities who walk around in fancy designer clothes.
“People think we own all these dresses,” she says. “But we borrow them! I can’t afford to buy that stuff. There are certain things I splurge on, but it’s very rare, especially when you have two kids and school tuition.”
Hudson adds, “I’m not a big high-end fashion shopper. I wish I could but the truth is things are just so expensive. Before Isabel Marant was a million dollars and famous, I used to go to her store in Paris and go crazy, it was so affordable.”
She credits her mother Goldie Hawn with raising her not to indulge every expensive whim.
“My mom wasn’t a big shopper for us,” says Hudson. “I think they wanted to instill that in us even though we grew up in a really privileged and lucky lifestyle.”
Her nine-year-old son Ryder wants a cell phone.
Hudson tells the magazine, “I see his friends texting people, and I just can’t do it. The first device I got was a pager! I was 13, and it was hot pink.”
She doesn’t seem too concerned about young pop stars shedding their clothes.
“Eh, I don’t care,” says the actress. “I like little clothes actually.”
As for the possibility of starting her own fashion brand in the future, Hudson says, “I really think that if I’m going to put my effort into something, I want to reach a larger amount of women, where they can afford the things I’m selling. Especially with the economy, it doesn’t make sense to me anymore.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank