Kardashians Bound & Gagged in Trunk of Ford For Car Ad (PHOTO)
6:32 pm, March 24th, 2013
The cartoon, which featured the reality TV rivals, was thought up by an ad agency in India that produces the campaigns there for the Ford Figo.
The tagline of the ad read, “Leave your worries behind with Figo’s extra-large boot.”
And while the ad was never used in paid media — and subsequently yanked for a website on which it was posted — it’s still alive and well on the Internet.
WPP, the parent group of the Indian ad agency, issued an apology that read, “We deeply regret the publishing of posters that were distasteful and contrary to the standards of professionalism and decency within WPP Group. These were never intended for paid publication and should never have been created, let alone uploaded to the internet.”
Ford also said it was sorry.
The car company told Business Insider, “We deeply regret this incident and agree with our agency partners that it should have never happened. The posters are contrary to the standards of professionalism and decency within Ford and our agency partners.”
What do you think of the pulled ad?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Is Robyn Ready For Her Comeback?
- The Truth Behind Lana Del Rey's New Music
- Celebs De-Stress in Distressed Jeans
- Actors Who Refuse To Work Together
- Celebs Who Are Famous Because of Their Parents