Kanye West & Jay-Z Settle Lawsuit
1:50 pm, March 11th, 2012
As Gossip Cop reported back in October, Johnson filed papers in Illinois Federal Court that West and Jay-Z took a portion of his 1967 tune “Different Strokes,” without compensation or credit, for their song “The Joy,” featured on their album “Watch the Throne.”
Johnson contended at the time that West had initially sought to sample “The Joy” for his album “My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy,” but it never worked out, and then misappropriated it for his collaboration with Jay-Z.
Now the suit has been dismissed because Jay-Z and West reportedly settled with Johnson, who’s no stranger to suing other artists for allegedly taking his compositions.
Below are Jay-Z and West’s “The Joy” and Johnson’s “Different Strokes,” which were at the heart of the lawsuit.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Hair Inspiration: Celebs With The Most Enviable Ombre
- John Mayer & Katy Perry's Romantic Photoshoot
- 15 Sexy Celebrity Hairstyles To Try
- 6 Magazine Cover Hairstyles You Can Easily Recreate
- Bond Girls In Bikini's Always Sucker Us In
- The Jessica Alba Long Wavy Bob Tutorial
- 30 Child Actors Who Died Young
- Miley Cyrus' Best & Worst Moments
- Lorde's Royally Cute Music Video Look
- Match Up!: What Pup Belongs To Which Celeb?