Kanye West Unloads on Grammys in Rant: “F*CK THOSE NOMINATIONS!” (VIDEO)
1:20 pm, December 11th, 2013VIDEO
Kanye West unleashed a tirade about the Grammys during his concert in Phoenix on Tuesday.
The rapper, who picked up two Grammy nominations last Friday, considers the pair of nods a snub.
It’s not that he hasn’t been honored with awards before — but West feels as though his new album Yeezus isn’t getting the respect it’s due from the Grammys, especially given its commercial and critical success.
West ranted, “I’m 36 years old and I have 21 Grammys. That’s the most Grammys of any 36-year-old. Out of all of those 21 Grammys, I’ve never won a Grammy against a white artist.”
He continued, “And Yeezus is the top one or two album on every single list. But only gets two nominations from the Grammys. What are they trying to say? Do they think that I wouldn’t notice?”
The rapper further ranted:
Do they think that, someway, I don’t have the power to completely diminish all of their credibility at this moment? But no, no. Only positive energy, only positive vibes. But when you see me talking about what people are doing when I say ‘marginalized,’ when I say ‘boxed in,’ when I say ‘hold back,’ when I say people are afraid of the truth, that’s one example right there in front of you. And people come to me and congratulate me on those two nominations. F*CK THOSE NOMINATIONS!
Check out the video below, and tell us what you think.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Is Robyn Ready For Her Comeback?
- The Truth Behind Lana Del Rey's New Music
- Celebs De-Stress in Distressed Jeans
- Actors Who Refuse To Work Together
- Celebs Who Are Famous Because of Their Parents